One day I have this sweet, well mannered little princess. One who loves to polish her nails, do her hair, try on clothes and happily work beside her mother agreeing with most everything I say.
Then overnight it appears she turned into someone I don't know. A little girl who suddenly has an opinion on everything including: the temperature of the toilet seat, who puts the DVD in and how, what she wears, how her hair is done, when we run errands and I could go on and on.
I find myself picking my battles and in return running errands with a "helper" who looks like this:
Except that smile is very temporary because once she gets in the car she complains about the sun, music or a/c.
I have nightmares of Racal as a 3 year old rushing back to me and I dread the next year ahead.
People talk about the dreaded sleepless nights with a newborn, potty training or even terrible two's but none of those have come close to being as horrible as the three's are with my children.
So I'm buckled up and have my tough skin on. I'm ready for the stares from people in public as my child throws their fit and I've got 2 children under my belt. Surely that's enough right???
Then again, it's all SO very different with a girl.
Prayers are appreciated this next year.




OH my goodness! She is just precious! In the last picture, if you stretched her a few feet, I'd swear she was you. Seriously. And if I didn't have two kids just like them, I'd ask you, how could you not just laugh at their spicy attitudes :) But I know too well how after a point, it's so not cute it is when it's your own. But from my point of view....it all makes me smile. The craziest thing someone told me during one of Aliyah's completely embarrassing fits where I chased her down 6 aisles and clear to the registers, was "believe it or not, you will miss this stage" She has her days still but Xander, thankfully outgrew it and seriously, not missing it, well...all of it. What used to make others laugh with him is he would yell "YOUUUUUU" and point at me when he got in trouble. :/ Still not funny.
ReplyDelete