Friday, August 9, 2013

Random Thoughts

_ School is now back in full swing. Both boys love their teachers and I am pretty certain that it is going to be a great year. I just pray it doesn't fly by because next year Scooter will be in Middle School (say WHAT?!?!?) and I am not at all ready for that. Rascal is doing fantastic adjusting to a new teacher. In years past he has suffered with major anxiety due to lack of trust with his allergy (understandably so) but this year he hasn't had a problem at all with it. This is a HUGE answer to prayers.

- I have decided to teach Baby A preschool myself at home. She likes to call it homeschool :) It all boils down to me not being ready to let my last child go just yet. She technically wouldn't go until next year but even still I know I won't be ready then either. So we have a few preschool workbooks and every day we do a few sheets out of the book. She LOVES to do it and I can see a big difference in just doing it a few days.

- This is venting a little but here goes... every year we get a school wide supply list broken down by grade. I always try and have all supplies bought a good week before school starts. Then my boys start school and bring home a list of additional supplies to purchase.These typically include.. baby wipes, clorox wipes, hand sanitizer and colored copy paper! I have a real problem with this. If you want me to buy it then put it on the original list. It made me a little mad this year and I rebelled and didn't buy any of it...shhh!

- The swing set we bought the kids is such a huge hit and all this rain we have been getting has put a big damper on playtime outside. Maybe we'll get more time outside this fall.

-Speaking of rain, we have had so much that I have yet to have to water my garden. That's crazy! Our garden is doing great. We have gotten several okras, jalapeno, and plenty of tomatoes. The kids LOVE to help go pick things from the garden and they keep a good eye out for us and let us know when something needs to be picked.

- I am SO READY for fall. I love the weather, the smells, the holidays, the leaves changing color and just everything about it all. I hated to see the kids go back to school but in a way I'm happy because I know fall is right around the corner. I'm ready to say good-bye to summer, even though it hasn't been an awfully hot summer this year.

-I have lots more pictures to post but I have yet to upload them to my computer. Come back next week to see pictures of the boys first day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment