Well this little blog of mine has been neglected and I have to admit it probably won't get much better. Summer Break is here and we are busy packing all kinds of fun things into our days. I will try to do some picture posts here and there but just know we are alive and living up our summer break together.
Here is a random recap of a few things lately:
** Sweet Rascal asked Jesus into his heart back in April. We are SO PROUD of his decision. He is ready to be baptized and we should have that scheduled in June some time.
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are following the truth. 3 John 1: 4
** Both Rascal and Scooter had a part in our church's children's choir program. Scooter is a phenomenal reader and can memorize lines with little effort so he had a speaking part as a crazy forgetful professor. Rascal volunteered (the first one to volunteer I should add) to sing a solo. I should add here that this boy is SHY! He is so much like his daddy in SO many ways and one is that he is very shy unless your close family and friends. He rarely says a word at school and church so for him to volunteer on his own to sing a solo was shocking. However this kid can sing! Yes I know I'm partial but really he can! He has a natural ear for rhythm and really is passionate about it. If only you could see him in the back of the van singing along to the radio. Anyways he got up on stage and NAILED it! He hit it every note and sang without looking the least bit nervous. I was one PROUD momma of her two boys performances. ( I have no pictures since I am one of the directors and was busy).
** Scooter has a eye doctor appointment next week. I'm not sure if it is poor vision or allergies but his eyes are constantly watering and he is always squinting. I have had him on allergy medicine all year and it hasn't helped. I guess well see what is up next week.
** I have several videos that I really want to post but my computer just doesn't cooperate when I try to do it. I am hoping to slowly but surely to get them posted because some are too cute not to share with you guys.
** Both boys are out of school and I was SO PROUD of their report cards and the awards they won. I want to do a separate post on that but I have to get some pictures off Tim's phone. Hopefully next week I can get that up.
** Scooter turns 10 on Tuesday!! I can't not believe it. He is creeping closer and closer to the teenage years and I wish things would just slow down. It seems like yesterday I was consumed with tractors, dump trucks and excavators surrounding my house and I blinked and now those days are gone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks like Rascal has his Momma's talent! What an awesome experience seeing your babies grow and do wonderful things. They just make me smile with pride, and here I had nothing to do with any of it....haha I'm telling you, I feel as proud as their own aunts! :)
ReplyDelete