Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Conversations with Rascal

On the way to the allergy doctor yesterday, Rascal and I were talking. He was EXTRA talkative since there was no other siblings around. He had brought his bear along with him since he was so nervous about his appointment.  Bear is Rascal's security and he loves that bear so much. In fact he we even make sure to have him in our closet when we are taking cover from bad weather. I mean, if something bad was to happen, Rascal would want his bear for comfort. It may not be the best way to handle the situation but it is what it is.
Anyways back to our conversation: He tells me "mom, I am not going to take bear in because I don't want people to see him" I as a bit shocked at this since he took this dingy, ugly well loved bear to kindergarten 3 times. Then he spoke up and said " well, there are probably germs in there too and you would have to wash him, so it's better to leave him in the car". Rascal knows that bear won't make it in the wash much more. It was as if he was talking to himself to make him feel better about having a bear too. So sweet!

A little bit later I hear him spelling out B-A-B-Y (his bear says baby boy on it) then he asks "Is he for babies?" I tell him that he is just a stuffed animal that was given to Rascal by his Lou after he was born. That is why it said baby boy on it. Then Rascal says " I think that it means bear is a baby." 

This week the boys went to spend the night down the street with their friends. Rascal was packing his bag and decided NOT to take bear but to take a stuffed dog instead. Well I knew that wasn't such a great idea. This was his first time to spend the night at some one's house that is not a relative and he would want bear for sure. So I convinced him to take both. :)

I could be wrong but the days of Rascal being so attached to his bear might be numbered. In a way I am glad because that poor bear won't make it much longer but in a way I am sad because it means Rascal is growing up. I can't handle how fast they are growing up. It MUST slow down!!

2 comments:

  1. I remember this bear, he always had it in nursery! I love hearing about his conversations with you, he is so smart, just like his brother. Hopefully him and bear had a great sleepover. Maybe you should take pics of baby bear to show him when he gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... This makes me sad! I've always thought that was the sweetest thing, he and his bear. :( Xander doesn't have a favorite stuffed animal, his big thing is sticking stuff in his pockets and having to wear 'pockets' first thing in the morning. I don't know if he'll out grow that until he gets older and lazy. ha!

    ReplyDelete