Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Today I am soaking up the day with my sweet little girl and then heading to the school for a fun Valentine's party. Tonight I am going to make dinner and a special dessert for us all. It will be fun.
I have to share this funny conversation while I was styling Rascal's hair this morning:

Me: Rascal, I am going to be in your class later today to help your teacher with the Valentine's party.
Rascal: Today is Valentine's Day? ( You would have thought the candy I gave him earlier would have clued him in).
Me: Yes and after your party I am going to check both you and Scooter out of school.
Rascal: Wait will this be before nap or after nap?
Me: Before your nap time...you won't get a nap time today.
Rascal: BOOM!!!! That is AWESOME!!
Me: Why did you yell boom?
Rascal: Not sure mom, I was just really excited and that is what came out!

Oh my my my......that boy is full of personality!

Scooter informed me today that he hated all the pink hearts and the way that girls laugh about the silly Valentine's cards. I can't much blame him but he had to participate with the cards exchange in his class whether he thought it was silly or not. He felt better once I told him he got to go home early..although he didn't yell BOOM!

Tim and I don't exchange gifts on Valentine's day. We find it crazy to buy overpriced flowers and I surely don't need candy. The boys did make me a sweet hand made card that touched me lots and Tim has randomly texted me with reasons he still loves me so much. Those are things that mean more to me than flowers so it has been a VERY HAPPY Valentine's Day.

I gave Tim the gift of not getting a ticket this weekend when I was pulled over going 48 in a 30. Oh yeah and I was with my mother-in-law driving her SUV. It would only happen to me my friend....only to me!

2 comments:

  1. I am still laughing about the run in with the law---it really was funny!Who says you can't laugh with your mother in law!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I think I'll miss about homeschooling is making them SO happy with checking them out of school early!! I totally remember how exciting that was! Too funny getting pulled over! That has happened to me but driving my own car with my MIL and SIL in the car but it was the first year we were married. SO embarrassing back then.... and I did get a ticket :(

    ReplyDelete